|2012 - 2013 Board|
Help support our school by joining TPA. Dues are $20.
Click below to print a Membership form or you can contact a TPA Board member.
2013-2014 Membership Form - English
2013-2014 Membership Form - Espanol
WHAT IS THE TPA?
The TPA is Taylor High School's "PTA". It stands for Taylor Parents in Action and is the parent booster club designed to enhance the educational process by assisting students and faculty. The TPA coordinates the volunteer program, fund raising for student and teacher scholarships, teacher appreciation treats and luncheons, Beautification Fund and the printing and distribution of the student directory.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- We coordinate, design, print and distribute the student directory. It is the main source of fund raising for our scholarships. The student directory contains very useful information, calendars, booster club contacts, athletic schedules, testing schedules and advertisements from local merchants that are friends of Taylor High School.
- The TPA has purchased Document Cameras for the Smart Board.
- The TPA oversees a Beautification Fund that is used to "spruce up" our school that opened in 1987. Click on the Beautification Information Sheet which lists the many projects we have completed.
- The TPA hired artist Paul Sanchez to paint a 75' mural down the main hallway on the main campus.
- The TPA has planted and beautified the look around the flagpole.
- The TPA provides hospitality for College Night.
- The TPA provides breakfast to teachers during TAKS testing.
- The TPA provides snacks to teachers during the Power Review.
- The TPA coordinates monthly "teacher treat" days whereby parents prepare scrumptious items for our teachers to enjoy.
- The TPA coordinates & prepares lunch for the Annual Spring Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. The TPA provides $10,000 worth of student scholarships each year.
- The TPA provides money to each department for supplies & materials not funded by KISD.
- The TPA has purchased instructional materials needed by the nurses' office.
- The TPA purchased an Automatic External Defibrillator for the main campus for emergency use.
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ANY BOARD MEMBER IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP, GET INVOLVED OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!
PLEASE BECOME A MEMBER OF "TAYLOR PARENTS IN ACTION". WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT SO WE MAY CONTINUE TO PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS AND SUPPORT TO TAYLOR HIGH SCHOOL!